A Moms Special Lifestyle For A Special Needs Child


 
The Special Life of a Special Needs Mom
 
 
I'm a proud mom of 3 beautiful girls. All full of life and lots of personality. I love having girls we all have a lot in common. We all love fashion, hair, and make-up. It's been so much fun watching them in dance and cheering leading performances. God definitely blessed me with these ladies. 
 
 Like any family with children everyday is an adventure full of everything from laughter to crying. My goal is to have more laughter and less crying. Having children will definitely keep you in prayer and is a consistent  reminder of how strong you really are. Being a wife and a parent is the my most important role.
 
My first daughter has moderate to severe learning and social disabilities caused by 22q chromosome deletion. This is also characterized as intellectual disabilities. At 14 she starting having seizures, but thank God she has not had one in 7 years. Thank you Jesus!!! About 2 years ago Remi started  having mental illness issues. We actually didn't find out she had intellectual disabilities until she was 2 years old. The diagnoses was never made at birth.

The last 24 years has been an amazing journey full of beautiful days of sunshine and darkness. Through it all I can honestly say I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be. I know God has always been with me and my family, leading and guiding us every step of the way. Through the darkest times his light has always shined. My other girls have a love and understanding of life that can't be taught you have to live it. My husband and I are closer and have a higher level of respect for each other.

I hope my journey will help you embrace your child and special life style. With this blog I hope to encourage and give hope to other families that have a  special needs child. Embrace the gift that God as blessed you with. Praying for you!
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts

THE CURE FOR LIFE: MY STRENGTH IS MY FAITH

Loving Pass Bipolar

SUCCESS BEYOND HER DISABILITIES- HER JOURNEY!